Verification of heat treatment and minimum Fo/ Po
Aim: Provide a measurement report allowing the minimum Pasteurizing or Sterilizing Value applied to the recipe to be quantified and compared to the pre-defined target value.
The Validation Barème study therefore has 2 complementary aspects, one concerning the heterogeneity of equipment processing (temperature distribution => thermal mapping ) and the other that of the product (distribution heat => heat penetration). By cumulating all the production differences leading to a drop in temperature at the heart of the product, it becomes possible to identify the minimum PV or SV that the scale can guarantee. If the comparison with the target value is insufficient, Axitherm then offers you various areas for improvement.
As the thermal equipment used in the food industry is very varied, the instrumentation stage always requires a little reflection or even trial and error. Axitherm is constantly improving its fleet of sensors to allow you to obtain the best precision and values where information was sometimes lacking. Thus, we are now able to map ovens or microwave tunnels , vibrating and heating mats and very soon continuous fryers …
Scale validation methodology
Assessment on industrial site:
– search for the most suitable instrumentation for the configuration of the equipment (sensors installed internally, offset, with or without temperature rod, …)
– identification of the most penalizing load
– location of the most pronounced cold zone or point of the equipment
– verification of the cold spot in the product
Instrumented monitoring with the usual scale and accumulation of critical conditions (initial temperature, weight, cadence, headspace, …):
– temperature measurement and calculation of VP / VS
– repeat the temperature measurement to verify that the target PV or VS is reached
Rapid development of special mechanical supports for sensors if necessary
Restitution within 30 days of the measurement report
Possible recommendations on line handling in order to guarantee the maximum industrial safety margin