Measuring instruments and expertise for petfood processing
For Petfood sterilisation, the respect of heat process is a priority to develop required flavours. Axitherm offers 3 models of data loggers suitable for temperature measurement. HeatLOG, ThinLOG or AXImicro loggers are designed for all your demanding applications.
• Extreme miniaturization for all the finest and smallest packaging.
• Supports vacuum and high pressure.
• Prefect for mapping with a high density load.
Control deformation during Petfood sterilisation
For Pet owners, the first indication of the quality of a product to give to their pet is the physical appearance of the packaging. Perfect geometry is therefore important for both safety and marketing. Here Deflection probe could be helpful:
• for direct reading of deformation of pouch or plate in sterilisation.
• Can be placed on all sides to solve targeted defects.
• Adjustment of thermal process to optimize heat transfer or reduce packaging thickness.
The vacuum measurement in Petfood sterilisation
Another important thing to guarantee the appearance of the packaging is the respect of its internal vacuum:
• Digital display manometer.
• Qualifies capping and heat sealing injections (steam, gas).
• Measures the residual vacuum after treatment.
• Checks retort pressure.
Services and expertise for Petfood sterilisation
Product development and improvement:
• Optimization of cooking without changing the desired stability.
• Improved material yield.
Elimination of packaging deformations:
• Identification of the origin of the leaks, paneling and curved.
• retort process adjustment for new packaging and loading plans.
Energy savings on retort consumption:
• Reduction of steam and compressed air exhausts.
• Gain in cooling efficiency to reduce water consumption.
• Reducing process time without compromising quality (stability and organoleptic).
• Ensure process time repeatability.
Study of retorts and tunnels:
• Thermal mapping, location of cold spot search and homogeneity control.
• Heat penetration study.
• Process validation in worse case scenario.